US travel in December up 17 percent.
Annual 2014/2013 Comparisons
U.S. travel to overseas markets totaled 30.8 million, up six percent for the year. Regional results were:
• Europe, 11.9 million travelers, up four percent
• Caribbean, 7.2 million travelers, up ten percent
• Asia, 4.5 million travelers, up four percent
• Central America, 2.7 million travelers, up eight percent
• Middle East, 1.8 million travelers, up 13 percent
• South America, 1.8 million travelers, up two percent
• Oceania, 601,000 travelers, up five percent
• Africa, 358,000 travelers, up two percent
U.S. travel to North American markets totaled 37.5 million, up 14 percent compared to 2013.
• Mexico, a record 25.4 million (preliminary) U.S. travelers, up 22 percent. Border 1+ night travel was a significant contributor to overall Mexico performance from March through December. U.S. air travel to Mexico (6.9 million) was up 11 percent.