The United Nations World Tourism Organization released its program for the World Travel Market in London next month. The ministers’ Summit: “Tourism and Mega-Events: building a lasting legacy” will be held on November 4.
The UNWTO/WTM Ministers’ Summit will bring together Tourism Ministers and leading tourism experts from all over the world to debate key issues surrounding tourism and mega-events, in particular:
• How to measure the impact of mega events on tourism destinations
• How to ensure adequate infrastructure development and planning
• How to promote environmentally sustainable events
• How to translate the hosting of mega events into strong destination brands
• How to promote community engagement and invest in human capital
UNWTO Silk Road – from tour operators to social media
Against the backdrop of the 20th Anniversary of the Samarkand Declaration on Silk Road Tourism, UNWTO Silk Road activities at WTM will range from the WTM Speed Networking event for tour operators (3 November), bringing together over 1,000 exhibitors and 300 senior buyers, to the social media event “20 Years of Tourism along the Silk Road: What has been achieved and what’s in store for the future?” (5 November).