Le Chardon director Paul Gow collects with the World Travel Award for France’s Leading Ski Resort
Mantis, a family run collection of award winning, privately owned, five-star properties located around the world, has picked up six trophies at the World Travel Awards 2012 Europe Gala Ceremony.
The event took place at the new Conrad Algarve.
The World Travel Awards serve to acknowledge, reward and celebrate excellence across all sectors of the global travel and tourism industry and the ceremony was attended by VIPs, senior tourism figures and international media.
Paul Gardiner, group marketing director of Mantis, said: “We want to congratulate all the properties that have been awarded this accolade, which recognise the commitment made by staff to achieving the highest standards of service.
“We are extremely proud that the total number of WTA across the portfolio this year is 16 and we want to thank all those involved.”
The awards included:
- England’s Leading Country House Hotel – Ellenborough Park
- England’s Leading Spa Hotel – Ellenborough Park
- England’s Leading Boutique Hotel – Draycott Hotel
- France’s Leading Ski Resort – Le Chardon Mountain Lodges
- France’s Leading Boutique Hotel – Hotel Keppler
- Europe’s Leading Farmhouse Hotel La Maison Tamarin, France
WTA president Graham Cooke said: “Winning a World Travel Award is the highest commendation in the travel and tourism industry and this triumph serves as a testament to a company’s hard work and commitment to excellence over the last 12 months.”